We are witnessing the early days of a movement of God’s people that has begun to spring up in many places shaped by a growing recognition that welcoming the stranger and practicing hospitality are core practices of Christian life.
This is also how we understand the inter-relationality of the Trinity. For Christians, God is the one who welcomes us to the table, welcomes us as strangers to the food and community of the Trinity. Hospitality is at the core of Christian identity and practice. It is one of our primary witnesses to our life together in Christ.
TMN has developed a study guide written with the conviction that one of the most important habits (the traditional Christian language for this is practices) we need to rediscover in our strange, bewildering, networked world is that of hospitality.
The Study Guide
- Discover key elements of Biblical hospitality.
- Learn how to practice hospitality in your neighborhood.
- Assist your local church to shape its life together around the practice of hospitality.
- Follow a Step-by-step outline for 12 weekly meetings.
- Resources for dwelling in Scripture, questions for reflection and exercises for practicing hospitality.
Table of Contents
- Introductory Session
- Outline for Group Meetings #1-12
- Dwelling in the Word